18 January 2008

at the airport

well, i'm sitting at gate c32 in pearson airport, eating the goldfish crackers my mom gave me and thinking about the next three months. at this point i'm much more excited than i am nervous, despite the somewhat ornery security officer who gave me the evil eye when i took more than 2 seconds to produce my boarding pass. i think she needed to lighten up. i also think that she was jealous of my stash of snacks (i could see it in her eyes as she x-rayed my luggage). despite this unfortunate woman, however, i think i'm finally ready for my trip now.

the other girls i'm flying with (heather, jodi and sharon) have yet to arrive and find me and jump for joy. i think i'm a bit early, as i am one of about 10 people waiting for this flight so far (they are also eyeing my snacks, maybe wishing that they were my friends and that i would share). as my ride was playing a very important hockey game soon after he dropped me off, waiting a bit is alright by me (hockey is very important to me, too).

anyways there is not much to say, as nothing is happening besides lots of announcements and a bit of waiting. however, i'll miss everyone at home (only the people who take the time to read these, clearly, as everyone else only claims to love me) and i hope to talk to some of you soon.

2 comments:

rob said...

woooo airports! glad to hear you survived the ornery woman, and snack-envy passengers. airports always fill me with a strange emotion, strange perhaps because the majority of times i've flown in the last little while i've been by myself, and usually i'm both excited and sad to be there. anyways, you've arrived by now i'm sure.... miss you already!!
loooove xoxo
rob

Paul said...

Laura darling, even though I have just recently subscribed to your very insightful and wonderfully descriptive blog I wanted to tell you at this posting that I love you and I'm still so excited about all of the very posh times you're having. ENGLAND!!!!!
Redeemer sucks without you/my life sucks without you.
Everyday when I walk by the commuture board in the hall I think of you and say a little prayer that you're safe and having fun.
Again, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Keep having a wonderful time.
Joy!